
Maid abuse
“Maria go do the dishes, and after that wash the clothes and dry them well”! Mr Gay screamed at me. I was always shouted at by my employer, Mr Gay. I never did get any respect ever since I set foot in this house to work.
I worked as a maid I desperately needed money as my family depended mostly on my earnings. I tried to make everything perfect to be in the employer’s good books and even went the extra mile hoping that the employer would notice my hard work and hopefully give me a raise in my salary to help support my family more. I would clean the house exceptionally clean, obediently obey all the orders of Mr Gay no matter how tough they were, cooked his favorite food and had no complains about the work I was doing. But to no avail.
Instead of gaining attention from Mr Gay I was treated very badly some nights when there was not enough food he would not serve me my share of the food and leave me to starve. I was also forced to sleep outside the house due to the in sufficient space inside. He also forced me to work till very late in the night. I did not want to complain at all as I wanted to earn money as soon and as quickly as possible.
One day, my employer was complaining about the dishes not being washed properly I claimed that I dint not notice that they were not properly washed. He suddenly went into a rage and poured the cup of hot mocha he held in his hands onto me. It scalded my skin and I was in great pain I rushed to the medical box to apply medication to the wound. That night, I waited till everyone was asleep, I packed up and rushed off to the maid agency. I decided that my tolerance was at its peak and I had to put an end to this. When I arrived at the maid agency it was already closed, as I was extremely tired I decided to take a short nap along the steps of the agency.
In the morning I explained everything to my agent and pleaded to switch my employer. He was astonished at the amount of suffering and abuse that I had endured. He stood up banged the table and said this very surprising words “I am going to sue Mr Gay!”
Maid abuse is a very frightening issue as the maids could be terribly treated and no one would know. Everyone, even maids should be treated equally and employers have absolutely no rights to abuse them at all. We have to take immediate action to prevent further abusing of them. In my view, I would sent the agents of the maids to visit the maids employers homes to inspect the situation that there are living once every 3 months that way if the maids are being abused we would know right away.
Labels: Nicholas_MaidAbuse_2